3400 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 939
Atlanta, GA 30326
Tel: 404-231-1790Fax: 404-231-2364
Liz Bittner - Executive Director
Bobbi Wood - Operations Manager
Rob Nolen - Director, Partnerships & Event Sales
David Kemp - Director, International Showcase
Travel South USA was formed in 1965 by resolution presented at the Southern Governor's Conference by the Southern Travel Directors Council.
The Travel South USA partnership provides a foundation for collaboration by state tourism offices to position tourism as a vital and dynamic element in the region’s economic development.
Since 1965, the mission of Travel South USA is to promote, foster and encourage travel to and within its member states by:
• Providing opportunities for destinations and travel-related companies to market themselves to established travel buyers in North America and select international markets
• Exchanging ideas and programs which would be of mutual benefit
• Organizing promotional opportunities with a solid purpose, accountable results and continuity
• Fostering regional promotional plans throughout the South
• Working closely with destination marketing organizations, chambers of commerce and other travel oriented organizations
• Raising the economic standing of the South and member states through successful promotional efforts
• Building the image of the South and member states as progressive, dynamic, enjoyable and scenic travel destinations
• Positioning tourism as a vital and dynamic element in the South’s economy
Please visit our PRESS ROOM for the latest news about our organization and partners
Board of Directors
The official State Travel Director from each member state serves as a designate on the Travel South USA Board of Directors.
Travel South USA is the Official Regional Destination Marketing Organization for the Southern United States. The non-profit organization promotes travel to and within its member states. Travel South USA serves as an information source for journalists, tour operators, retail travel agents and other travel professionals.